- for Hydrophilic Interaction and Size Exclusion HPLC -
This neutral, polar material was developed specifically for Hydrophilic Interaction Chromatography (HILIC). HILIC is a variant of normal phase chromatography that is performed with a polar stationary phase and a partly aqueous mobile phase. This permits normal-phase separations of peptides, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, some proteins, and polar solutes in general. In comparison with other materials used for HILIC, PolyHYDROXYETHYL A affords sharper peaks and better selectivity and recovery. Its great polarity means less organic solvent is needed to get retention. Use PolyHYDROXYETHYL A for:
1) Analysis of polar small molecules for metabolomics or analysis via HILIC-MS/MS of specific small molecules (amino acids; methotrexate) in plasma or crude extracts.
2) Peptide separations and mapping involving differences in polar groups (Ser-; glycopeptides; etc.).
3) Multidimensional purification of synthetic and natural peptides or fractionation of really complex digests.
4) HPLC of solutes that aren't soluble in aqueous media (membrane proteins; phospholipids).
5) Eliminating detergents, lipids, and salts from a sample.
6) Oligonucleotides and their analogs.
In the absence of organic solvent, PolyHYDROXYETHYL A functions in the Size Exclusion Chromatography (SEC) mode.
For proteins and peptides, use 200- or 300-Å material. For polar small solutes, try our premium 3-µm, 100-Å material.